The Hanover Lions “Byrne Cup”
Twin State All-Star Lacrosse Games will be played this year on
Sat., June 19, 2021, either at Hanover HS, Hanover, NH,
or Lebanon HS, in Lebanon, NH—to be determined shortly
The Girls’ game will begin at 12:30 PM
and the Boys’ game will begin at 3:00 PM
This year’s event for the boys will be the 28th all-star contest, and the girls will play in their 25th game, the event held every year since 1993, except the pandemic year of 2020. All participants are graduated/graduating seniors chosen by their respective coaches´ associations as outstanding players from their respective states of Vermont and New Hampshire. Players from schools that do not play within the guidelines set by each state´s interscholastic athletic body are not eligible. In the past, the contests between traditional rivals Vermont and New Hampshire have produced some great competition and exciting moments.
As in the past, this year’s event will be dedicated to the memory of Vin Fucile, founder of the All-Star Games and owner of Forth N Goal sports of Middlebury, VT, who passed away unexpectedly in 1997. In addition, in honor of The Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation, a philanthropic entity who supports and donates to many charitable, non-profit and other worthwhile causes throughout the Upper Valley and beyond, and a major donor/sponsor/supporter of the Twin State All-Star Lacrosse Games, we will award the 6th annual Byrne Cup Trophy to the winning teams, both boys and girls (one trophy each), of this All-Star event. These trophies will be awarded following each game, the cups will be inscribed with each year’s winning state and game score, and will be kept in custodial care by the Hanover Lions.
In the last year played, 2019, the games featured two high-scoring games, with VT Boys winning 21-5 and the NH Girls besting the VT Girls 23-8.
The team rosters, as they develop, will be posted on this website; they will be continuously updated as players register, and be substantially finalized, hopefully, by June 7. You are encouraged to monitor the rosters online as they develop.
AS IN THE PAST, THERE WILL BE NO ADMISSION CHARGE FOR THIS YEAR’S GAMES. HOWEVER, SINCE THE EVENT IS A CHARITABLE FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR THE COMMUNITY CAUSES THE LIONS SUPPORT, WE WOULD CERTAINLY ENCOURAGE AND ACCEPT DONATIONS IN LIEU OF AN ADMISSION CHARGE, IF SPECTATORS ARE SO INCLINED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.
DONATIONS MAY BE MADE ON THIS WEBSITE—PLEASE SEE THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
Please note that due to the pandemic situation we live in at the moment, there will be some limitations and restrictions put in place by Hanover HS, the Town of Hanover, and the State of NH. At this time, here is a summary of special considerations put in place this year:
1. Coaches should wear masks, and players should wear masks when not playing; they may remove masks when playing. Spectators will also be asked to mask.
2. There will be no limitation on spectator attendance. However, for those who cannot attend, the games will be livestreamed at:
3. There will be lunches provided to the players and coaches, but no concession stand for spectators
4. Players and coaches must eat their lunches spread 6’ apart
5. Locker rooms cannot be provided, so players must come ready to play
6. We will not have access to indoor bathrooms, but portable toilets will be provided
7. We will have access to the training room
8. We have provided time for pre-game practices in the schedule, but coaches may want to opt out of these—it will be up to the coaches to notify the players if this will be the case. We will hold registration open later to later arrivals in case practices are cancelled
9. We will not have access to protection inside Hanover HS in the case of thunder and lightning; in this case, the event will most likely be terminated.
It should be noted that for the first time, the event will be live-streamed this year, via the website, https://www.dppgnetwork.com/watch-dppg. This will allow anyone who is not comfortable watching the games in person to see the event. The video will also be viewable online after the event. A donation may also be made via the livestream.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, or become a sponsor of next years games, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with
Star Johnson, Event Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-381-8603.